LEVEL 1 PRODUCT SHEET
Based on the goals of your project, we can help you select which one of our three standard level products will best suit your needs. We then look after all aspects of the hyperspectral survey from mission planning, aircraft and sensor mobilization, global airborne and ground data collection, and standard processing.
Level 1 Product:
Wanting simply to have a hyperspectral dataset acquired while you will perform the data analysis and end products?
Our STANDARD LEVEL 1 PRODUCT is for you.
This represents a radiometrically calibrated, precision geocoded image map product from any of our sensor technologies. The GIS-ready imagery is delivered in units of spectral radiance units (or temperature, in the case of our Thermal Infrared sensors), with each pixel tagged with precise positional accuracy.
Level 2 Product:
Perhaps you wish to perform your own analysis on your dataset based on reflectance units, or need to spatially model the imagery in 3D by draping it over a digital terrain model?
If so, you are looking for our STANDARD LEVEL 2 PRODUCT.
For this we start with a Level 1 image, and perform atmospheric corrections and/or Lidar/Ifsar data fusion for visualization purposes.
Level 3 Product:
Or maybe you have need of complete, start to finish hyperspectral services, including image analysis and end product generation?
Our STANDARD LEVEL 3 PRODUCT is geared towards this need.
Again, after data acquisition, we start with a Level 1 image (or often, a Level 2 product) and perform image analysis using both standard algorithms and physics-based techniques. We optimally mine the depths of our sensor data to produce the information products your project requires.
We also have the experience to customize all of our products and services to suit your specific project needs.
FIELD QUALITY ASSURANCE
An established three-tier quality assurance (QA) system is used to ensure that acquired airborne data and resulting client deliverables are as close to defect-free as possible. This procedures used ensure that repeatable, high-quality data and products are attained. This QA system includes:
- System QA
- Field Operations QA
- Real-Time Sensor Diagnostics
Level 1 – Precision Geocoded Imagery
RADIOMETRIC, GEOMETRIC & ORTHOCORRECTION
Radiometrically calibrated and accurately georeferenced image mosaics.
Our standard Level 1 data product is radiometrilly calibrated to provide spectral radiance values. Then the imagery is synchronized with the INS (IMU and GPS navigation data) to accurately georeference each image pixel to a standard geographic coordinate system. The result is an image mosaic which can be quickly referenced to retrieve accurate spectral signatures and geographic coordinates for every ground pixel.
These standard features allow you to easily import the images into GIS or image processing utilities for spectral analysis, feature detection and mapping, and time-series comparisons.
Level 2 – Data Integration
LIDAR FUSION, ATMOSPHERIC CORRECTION
One Year Later
Bare Earth Lidar DEM
Radiometric and geometric correction of the imagery, plus atmospheric correction and/or data fusion with other sensors.
Level 2 data poducts start with our Standard Level 1 product, and then are fused with data from other sensors. Several types of sensor/data fusion are common:
- Atmospheric Correction: When equipped with the Incident Light Sensor, CASI and SASI data radiance values can be corrected for atmospheric absorption effects to produce true reflectance values. This often provides the basis for further physics-based analysis and derived product generation in the form of our Level 3 products.
- Lidar or IFSAR: Digital Terrain Model data can be acquired alongside the spectral imagery and fused in processing. The results is a “draped” image mosaic that provides unbeatable geometric accuracy, and can be presented as 3-dimensional models or fly-throughs, incorporated into elevation-sensitive GIS models, as well as providing context-sensitive information for high level analysis.
- Geoid models are also incorporated to reference elevation meaurements to Mean Sea Level (MSL)
Level 3 – Advanced Information
HYPERSPECTRALLY DERIVED ANALYSIS PRODUCTS
TOTAL STEM VRI CHLOROPETH
Image classification, which includes forest mensuration products, wetland community maps, precision agriculture field maps, target detection products, and land cover/usage maps.
Standard Level 1 or Level 2 image products are analyzed using various standard algorithms or proprietary techniques. ITRES applies advanced, physics-based analysis processes to the image data to extract and map specific features (e.g. stressed vegetation, mineral formations, surface laid landmines, etc.).
Useful analysis can often be performed on imagery that was acquired under highly variable conditions, including clear-sky, cloudy, and extreme topography. Some of the techniques employed in Level 3 analysis include:
- Spectral Libraries
- Feature segmentation
- Linear correlation analysis
- Neural networks
- Spectral Unmixing
- Spectral angle mapping
- For its hyperspectral analysis capabilities, ITRES often uses the ENVI image analysis software (by ITT VIS) with
- IDL for its flexibility in creating custom derived-product algorithms and routines.